As of 3/17/2020, the following Center programs are closed until further notice:
- Langan School (Albany and Queensbury at Prospect Center)
- CloverPatch Preschool (Albany, Glenville, and Queensbury at Prospect Center)
- Day Programs across Center locations
For all questions regarding your loved one’s program or care, please contact your care coordinators or program directors.
We will continue to post updates on this page as well as Facebook and Instagram. Follow @cfdsny to stay updated.
What actions is the Center taking to increase safety for my family member?
Our primary goal is to prevent illness with the people we support, and our staff. In view of this goal, and at the recommendations of other health care agencies, we will be putting the following protocols in place:
- We are screening all visitors to our residences for illness and travel to high risk areas to determine safety of allowing visitation.
- Each facility will have a sign in and screening point for entry of all visitors.
- We are limiting outings involving highly populated areas.
- We will be limiting visitation from non-critical persons and screening our workforce.
We are carefully monitoring the local and global situation and following all guidance from local, state and federal health agencies. State officials continue to emphasize that the general risk to the public is low and, while we all need to be vigilant and cautious, it is also important to stay calm and not contribute to any undue panic. We will continue to keep you informed as the situation evolves.
Center Leadership is meeting regularly, and will continue to stay current and communicate when appropriate.
We greatly appreciate your cooperation with these measures knowing that the health and protection of your loved ones is our priority.
Maria Kansas Devine MD, Chief Medical Officer
Gregory J. Sorrentino, President and CEO