Health Home Care Management
People served by Prospect Center now receive services from Health Home Care Management, the new statewide Medicaid Service Coordination agency as of July 2018.
Your Care Manager now provides the same disabilities coordination work as your former Medicaid Service Coordinator with the addition of integrating primary, behavioral and specialty health care and community supports services.
Core Service Categories under the Health Home Care Management model:
- Comprehensive Care Management: Incorporates health care planning in addition to waiver support services.
- Care Coordination and Health Promotion: Includes referrals for wellness activities, and linkages to supports for independent living skills.
- Comprehensive Transitional Care: Care Managers help people and families/caregivers during a transition between levels of care.
- Person and Family Support: Care Managers help advocate for people, or coordinate services to support people and families/caregivers to maintain and promote quality of life.
- Referral to Community Supports: For example, when Care Managers Provide information and assistance to refer individuals and family/caregivers to community based resources.
- Use of Health Information Technology (HIT) to Link Services: Care Managers will use a new software system, a secure electronic health record, to communicate with the circle of support and other providers of services.
Home Health Care Management is now provided by a Care Coordination Organization (CCO). The Center for Disability Services (of which Prospect Center is a division of) has partnered with LIFEPlan CC O NY, a provider-led CCO. For more information, visit lifeplanccony.com