St. Margaret’s offers support and resources to families to guide them in their roles as caregivers for children with intensive medical needs or who have disabilities.
- Return-to-home family training
- Advocacy with Medicaid and other funding sources
- Social work and case management services
- On-site furnished apartment for family stays
- Family-focused events and activities
We are always available to families who have questions or concerns about their child or any service or treatment at St. Margaret’s. We work together with families to make sure that all of their child’s needs – medical, social, educational, emotional – are being met.
Parenting and Service Resources
Parent to Parent of New York State, a Family to Family Health Care Information and Education Center
Center for Disability Services
Council for Exceptional Children
Exceptional Parent Magazine
International Ventilator Users Network
Support groups for parents
The Association for Persons with Severe Handicaps (TASH)